God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Update on our little one

I had a doctor's appointment today. They did a diabetes test on me. FUN!! It really wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. They said I would have to drink some nasty stuff, wait an hour and have my blood taken. I did have my blood taken, but the stuff I drank wasn't really that nasty. It compared to the fruit drinks that my mom use to get when I was little. Do you remember the drinks that came in a plasic container shaped like a barrel? That's what it tasted like. I described it to Ryan as a watered down Hawaiian Punch. Could have been better, but definitely not horrible. Anyway, I will find out the results in a few days but am fairly confident that all will go well. I did all of the rest of the normal stuff: weighing, blood pressure, seeing the baby's heart rate. It was 149, so completely normal. It is SO relieving to get a positive result. We have been blessed to have her be healthy. I just pray it stays this way. It is really hard when it is completely out of your control. Well, I guess some things are in my control...like how much weight I gain. Oops...this time was a little too much!! Oh well. I'll just watch it from now on. It's hard though when you have both sets of parents come in the same month. We ate out A LOT!! That was definitely my downfall!! But, no more fast food for me! I am horrible about dieting or exercising, so I don't want to put too much on. I will hate trying to get it off. From what I hear, it is not that easy to get off in the first place. Anyway, the doctor didn't say anything, but I definitely knew that I had gained more than I really needed to gain.

All in all it was a great appointment! We got a positive result on our little one! She is healthy and developing right on schedule!! That's my girl! I'll start going every 2 weeks now. I can't believe that time is already here. Time flies!

We go next Tuesday for the 3-D sonogram. I can't wait!!! It will be a lot of fun to see what she's starting to look like. Only 13 more weeks and I'll see her in person!! Wow! I remember when I was counting down when Ryan came home from Kuwait. By the time we got to 13 weeks the rest of the time flew by!

We have plane tickets and will be in Paducah for Labor Day weekend. I'm really looking forward to seeing our family. It looks like everyone will be in except for Jon. We'll miss not seeing him!! I'm thankful everyone else will be able to be in then though. I can't wait to see them!

2 comments:

summer said...

don't be too hard on yourself whne it comes to weight gain. it really isn't too much in your control either. you have to provide the baby with enough calories to be getting everything to keep making her perfect!! love you! its going to be here before you kn ow it. i was going through some blankets and things for you this morning. it will be such an honor to have miss sydney using our blankets!!! love you so much. do you still need someone to watch sam while you are gone to paducah? we would be happy to. just let me know.
summer

Sandy said...

Ok, well, you didn't have the same nasty stuff *I* did... (grin). And some unsolicited advice... Summer's right about the weight... especially if you start out below weight, your body will gain just right for you if you are eating plenty of good foods (and of course "good food" would include the chocolate group! (grin). The doctor's weight charts are not "one-size-fits-all" so don't stress about them. Nursing will take the weight off fairly easily within a few months (at least for the first couple of babies :-) so just enjoy being pregnant and beautiful!