Today we got a taste of winter. Although, it is not the kind of winter you welcome. Currently at 4:23pm it is 27 degrees outside. That part I like. The rest of the weather report is not so friendly. It is not snowing...it's icing. They are expecting 1-3 inches of ice tonight. Ice...that is never fun. You can't quite play in it & you can't control your vehicle on it! So, we will be staying in the comforts of our home tonight. I guess I asked for it when I said a couple of blogs ago that I wanted winter to come soon. Oh well!
Since church is cancelled tonight, I'm planning on wrapping Christmas presents. I LOVE wrapping presents! My mom use to put all of our presents in boxes & put our initials on the box to tell who's box was who's. Then, she'd call me in & let me help wrap the presents. I even wrapped my own many times! I didn't care. It's so fun to be able to make a regular present look so pretty. It really is one of my favorite parts of Christmas.
Ryan and I have this argument when it comes to Christmas. He HATES the presents part of Christmas. He says that there shouldn't be a holiday when you HAVE to get someone something or they HAVE to get you something. He just despises that part of Christmas. Although I agree with him that for the most part, Christmas is overrated, I LOVE the presents part. No, not the part of getting presents, but the part of giving presents.
I read a book not too long ago called The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. In the book, it talked about the way we give love is the way we expect to receive love. One of my "love languages" is giving gifts. I absolutely LOVE to give gifts. If I'm not careful over Christmas, I can way overspend! To me, there is nothing more special that someone thinking of you while they aren't even with you and getting something special just for you. So, that's why I like the presents part of Christmas. I'm sure that's also why I like making the presents look so pretty, too.
All of that to say, I really love this time of year. I can't wait to be home with our families and have a "traditional" Christmas!! This will be the first time in 3 years we will both be able to be in Paducah for Christmas, and we are really really looking forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment