We had a great weekend! We took dinner to the park, took lunch the next day to the Dallas Arboretum, stayed a night at the Westin Stonebriar in Frisco, and DID NOT ANSWER OUR CELLPHONES! (If you called, sorry but we made a pact.) It was peaceful & wonderful. We both really had a good time. There were no worries or concerns. We just enjoyed our time off & "away". It was nice to reconnect.
I've been thinking over the weekend and today. We don't have kids, but with the computer, tv, and work things we seem to find ways to not find time for each other. It is amazing how easy it is to make time for things that get NOTHING from us (like the tv), but we find it hard to make time for those who love us & get so much from us just being there & enjoying their company! So, last weekend we committed to put the world out. It was just the two of us & it was AWESOME!
This week, well...we won't have much time for each other. Ryan's in OK for the week. He was sent by work for a project there. I'll probably use this opportunity to hang out with the girls. Hmmm...could be a good week to scrapbook! :)
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!! Have a great week!
Love to you all,
Lesli
6 comments:
I remember when...I used to call Erik Mr. Wonderful and I was soooo crazy in love with him. We are slowly working back to it...don't let life creep in and steal your passion!
And quit being soo mushy, anniversary is over right?LOL
Janice
Anniversary is over, but marriage isn't! ;) I'm mushy by nature. Sorry! :)
Lesli
are you really mushy by nature? hehehehehehe. just joking!
summer
it is hard but you have to find ways to "be together" in everyday moments, like getting ready in the morning, making dinner, eating dinner, driving to target, being playful and on each others side. dates will come furhter in between sometimes and thats why you have to find ways for regular everyday things be just as good as a date. building a deeper friendship and companionship. we're still working on it and my guess is that we will be working on for a long time. love you both and understand your dilemas and am so thankful you love each other enough to want to spend quality time together as much as you can. it will keep getting betrer and better.
summer
Mushy in what I say and how I act? No, not necessarily. Mushy in what I write. Yep, cause there I can say what I really want & feel. Surprising I'm sure, but true.
Lesli
I love your mush...it inspires me. We should all mush as much as possible with our spouses-it is what makes life worth living!!
MUSH ON SISTER! Hope you are having a great week!
Post a Comment