Funny story...at my own expense, yes...but still funny according to my dad!
So, let me tell you about my night last night!! I went to bed at about 10:30 & woke up at 12:45 to a HUGE (by huge I mean as long as my middle finger & twice the width) roach crawling down my face!!!!!! How disgusting is that?! I woke up flicking it off and saw it fly to the middle of the bed. I immediately jumped out of bed & turned the light on to make sure I wasn’t just seeing things! Once I saw it crawling on the bed, I screamed and started crying! (Ryan was out of town, of course, so it was up to me to kill it. Me!) I went into the bathroom & got a towel. I verbally talked myself through killing it & throwing it in the toilet. If there was a fly on the wall...it was definitely laughing at me during all that! I then sat for 30-40 minutes on the toilet crying my eyes out & getting sick! I was so freaked out. I went to the living room, because there was NO way that I was going back to bed, and watched TV for 3 hours. After Sam, our dog, went into the kitchen (where it was dark) to go to sleep, I decided to get up the nerve to go back to bed. BUT there was NO way I was turning out the lights. So, I laid in bed jumping at every little thing & staring at the ceiling. It was a WONDERFUL night! Two hours of sleep and I’m still pressing on…just in desperate need of caffeine!
For those of you who know me well, you know I'm scared of spiders. Well, last night I was not scared, I was WAY beyond scared! You should have seen me. It was quite pathetic to most, I'm sure. But there was nothing I could do but talk myself down. Granted, it took all night! But, I'm better now...12 hours later.
Hope you all had a much better night than me!
Love to you all,
Lesli
2 comments:
I feel your pain!! Erik and I got to experience one of those type roaches up close and personal(long ago, before children!) as one of our lovely New Orleans memories!!(None pleasant I'm afraid) I swore it was the biggest spider I had ever seen or even a mouse, then we turned on the light and there it was. The kind that you don't even want to squish with your shoe because you actually feel it pop. I'm going to throw up now!! People can laugh all they want at you, but we would have all done the same thing...faces aren't built for roach travel!!
Sorry that you had the same type of experience! Those aren't fun. We have now sprayed, so hopefully they've gone far far away!!
Lesli
Post a Comment