Ah...we love going home because it is so calm and peaceful compared to Dallas! Although it takes 10 hours to get there and back, the weekend is more peaceful than the stress of getting there. I'm not sure exactly what makes it so peaceful. It could be that we're with family, the wonderful scenery around us, or the slower pace of the traffic. Whatever the reason, we love being home. I believe whether we live in Texas or Kentucky, that part of the country will always be home.
We arrived Friday night about midnight. Mom and Nathan had kept Dad up so that he would be awake when we arrived, but it wasn't the easiest thing to do. He really didn't understand why they wanted him to stay up. But...he was surprised when we showed up ringing his door!! It was definitely worth keeping it a secret.
Well, it was a great weekend! I only wish we could have weekends like that more often. Maybe one of these days we will. Who knows!
I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend!!
Lesli
2 comments:
yes, there is definitely something peaceful about that area. but it's funny how it feels good to get home. at least for us. but you probably weren't able to be gone long enough to miss it! ;-)
summer
but we missed you!
Post a Comment