Today we are heading home...home being Paducah, KY. I have to say that I'm a little nervous about our drive. It looks like it will be raining the whole way from Dallas to Paducah! That is not fun to drive in after you've worked all day! The trip takes about 10 hours, so you can imagine how tired we'll be when we finally get there. I do have to say though, the trip shouldn't be as bad as my last trip to Paducah! This past Christmas, my brother and I (Ryan was in Kuwait) drove two seperate cars in because he was planning on staying longer than I was able to. When we got south of Little Rock we were stuck. We were stuck in a land that does not understand what to do when it snows!! They had not salted, scraped, or prepared the roadways in any way. It took us over twenty hours to make a trip that should take 10! In a rental car, I was as scared as I've ever been!! So, hopefully this trip will be enjoyable even through the rain!
While we're in we're planning on just chillin' with the family. This will be the first time Ryan has seen my family since he's been home from Kuwait. So, it should be a good an enjoyable weekend.
Our decision came suddenly to make this trip. I was sitting at my desk at work and thought, "Hey, this is a long weekend. Why don't we go to Paducah?" So, I sent Ryan a text message and asked him what he though. His response was, "This weekend?" After agreeing that this is a perfect weekend, we're off! We should head out this afternoon and be in the good 'ole state of Kentucky by tonight! Whoohoo!!! I can't wait! BUT...shhhh!! We're surprising my dad, so don't tell until we're there!! I feel I'm safe in posting this, because I don't even think he knows how to check it. If he does, oops! Hopefully he'll play along! :)
Well, I hope everyone else's weekend is looking as exciting as ours!! Enjoy your weekend & remember our Veterans, fallen soldiers, and their families. They are why we are free today! God bless their hearts and dedication to us!
Love,
Lesli
No comments:
Post a Comment