God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2007

No More Bold Statements

You won't be hearing me make any more bold statements about what I am going to do childrearing-wise. Sydney is 11 months old today & still has her paci. At first, I was saying that I would take it away after Florida, then we planned to go to CT. So, we decided it would be in the best interest of our parents not to take it away until after we came back. Then I decided that we would let things settle & then take it. While that part is technically still true, it won't be today. She hasn't been sleeping hardly at all at night. She takes AMAZING naps, but won't sleep at night. I'm exhausted. The only thing that is helping me get some sleep is that sweet little paci. (Which is that is the only time she gets it--when she's sleeping.) I'm pretty sure she has at least 6 teeth moving right now...all under the surface. I can't blame her for being fussy. I would be too!! We've been giving her teething tablets, Tylenol (when it gets it's worst), and Orajel. Sometimes that doesn't even help. So the vertict...the paci is staying for a little while longer.

While I realize that there are children much, much older than Sydney with their paci, I still wanted her off hers before she was 1. That gives me a month from today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can keep that goal.

On another note, I can't believe she'll be 1 year old in a month!!!! AH! Where did this year go? We've already been here in KY for 6 months! It is crazy how fast time is flying. I keep making that comment, but time just keeps speeding up. Anyone have any ideas on how to make it slow down? I would love to find the secret!!

2 comments:

Michael, Brittany, Rylie, and Reagan said...

I was the same way!! I wanted Rylie's paci gone by the time she was 1. At 9 months it was just at nap/night and by 1 it was just at night. By 15 months it was completely gone. I made her throw it away!! She never asked for it again. For about 2 months she would walk by the trash and tell me, "my, my trash, all gone". She called her paci my, my. It was pretty cute.

Hope all goes well. We are trying to take Reagan's away a little bit at a time right now too!! When I start getting a little frustrated, I say a quick pray, I will remember to say one for you too!!

janjanmom said...

Stick to your guns, but be flexible. Sounds like an oxymoron, but it isn't. Keeping your goals is great but vacations and then six teeth is a pretty big deal. I applaud your smart parenting!!